Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two's company...


Phoebe now has company, in the form of Darcie Hannah, who was born on 10th June, looking like this:

We had a home birth, which was lovely - two days actually getting into labour and then 55 minutes from being 3cm dilated to actually having a baby. Maybe I'll write a whole post about that for people who like the gory details...

Having two babies is a challenge. I'm expecting it to become much more of a challenge when Matt goes back to work in a couple of weeks. It's difficult to manage breastfeeding and a toddler; night feeds; toddler tantrums; leaving the small baby to cry while I get the big one some food; but the hardest thing for me has been emotionally adjusting to not being able to respond to Phoebe immediately, or letting Daddy look after her while I look after Darcie - I feel like I am letting her down constantly. I have to remind myself that she did cry and have tantrums and get frustrated before we had another baby, and that the long-term benefits of her having a sister outweigh the short-term upsets. I did know this might be hard, but I didn't expect it to be quite as painful as it has been. But we're all surviving so far...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! beautiful names for a beautiful baby x caroline

ruzzel01 said...

That name was made for her. Glad for you guys.

south carolina bankruptcy lawyer