Thursday, August 03, 2006

Over the moon!

I'm going to Greenbelt!!!

I haven't quite bought my ticket* but Matt and I have decided we can afford it, and Liz helped me to arrange some camping space in Disabled Groups camping, which is close to the festival village rather than a mile away (or something like that. It's a long way anyway) and my ankle is much better than it was, which gives me some hope that it will be ok enough by Greenbelt. And a kind friend is going to take my tent down early and put it up somewhere good.

I wish it were possible to tell you all how happy I am to be going. Greenbelt is my favourite thing all year and the place I feel most like me. Most people I know go and I see them all as I wander across the site. People have interesting discussions about things and there's tents and I get to sit in the sun and hang out with my friends. This year I won't get to indulge my passion for queue management but it will be interesting to see what it's like as a punter. In celebration, here is my favourite moon-related Weebl and Bob cartoon.

*Due to finance juggling, I am going to put it on my credit card and pay for it with my full-time-job-wages but I want to get it after the credit card statement for last month arrives. Or something.

7 comments:

Myn said...

HURRAY!!!

LauraHD said...

Good news indeed, you lucky beast.

Enjoy!

LauraHD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

I bought the ticket - I worked out that the interest would only be a pound, or something like that, if it accidentally got onto the wrong statement. Which is a small price to pay for actually getting to the festival. How gutting would it be to go to all the effot of sorting everything out and then miss out on Greenbelt? I am SO EXCITED that I am going to watch an episode of ER. This is now the main source of social life for me.

Ruth said...

I may well see you in the organisc beer tent! Although I wouldn't know what you looked like!! (oh, hang on - of course - you'd be the one with the broken ankle - durrrrr)

It's funny though how people look very different to how you expect them to look.

Ruth said...

P.S.
Please excuse my typing errors - once you start adding an accidental "s" to "organic" you're at risk of becoming a little risque...

Sarah said...

Until recently I would have been the one with a broken ankle and bunches. But I had my hair cut. So this is the best I can do:

http://www.sanctus1.co.uk/photos.php# - look at the top right picture. I'm the second-from-left person...