Friday, December 15, 2006

Baby, it's cold outside

We have bought a big new fridge with a whole freezer compartment, to use rather than the under-the-counter fridge with icebox we've used up til now. This is much better but not as wildly exciting as I had imagined it would be. Maybe I'm just not one of life's natural consumers.

Because of this (the new fridge, not the state of being a consumer - or not) I cleaned out the old one. I really like doing this every once in a while. Not as much as having a lie in, for example, but it involved spilling water across the whole floor and putting bowls of hot water in the freezer to defrost it. It's just a bit messy.

I have another driving lesson tomorrow and my theory test next Friday. I'm fairly confident as I can answer most of the questions i the book of questions and one of the ones I can't usually answer is about towing caravans, which doesn't feel like vital knowledge to non-caravan-towing me. Last week I did driving in the dark at rush hour and, as I survived (despite the best effort of driver-turning-right-in-front-of-me-without-indicating), I feel quite competent and it did push me, so it was quite good. Think I'll be doing roundabouts tomorrow.

Also tomorrow is Sanctus's Christmas Ceilidh which I have helped to organise. I have a lovely new skirt for this (there's some words my mother probably would never have expected to hear from me when I was growing up) but I'm not expecting to do too much dancing. After a wedding and a christmas do involving dancing, both with ankle-pain afterwards, I think I'll be semi-sensible.

Blogger are offering a new Beta Blogger system. Doesn't look too different except you sign in with a googlemail address (which I have) and can have a private blog. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Here ends the world's longest blog post ever...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get fridges; they just leave me cold. Thank you, I'm here all night.

I switched to Beta a couple of days ago and it is definitely better, once you get used to it. The only annoying thing is you have to remember to sign in first before leaving comments on blogs, and I have just realised I have forgotten to do that very thing on this comment, so I am just going to highlight and copy because I'm switching to Beta...

...and paste, and my comment is back. Wow, I'm in Beta, it's a whole new world. WoooOoooOOOooOoo!

You can have more sarcasm from me when I join you in non-ceilidhing tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

Fridges are cool.

I switched to beta by accident ages ago... well before it actually worked properly (my blog was down for over a week!). Seems to work now, as long as I remember to sign in first...

When you're driving and the guy in front of you could (a) do the right thing, or (b) try to kill you, assume (b) and you won't be far wrong most of the time...

Anonymous said...

Yay new fridge :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found you, (or at least, you helped me find you!) and now I have set up a rss feed, so I will always know what you are up too!

Fat Roland said...

I love stalkers, don't you?

Sarah said...

She's not a stalker, she's a friend. Not that you would know about that as you don't have either.

Hello Sally!