Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas doings

Last night was the work Christmas do, which I was really quite nervous about. I've never been to proper one before due to not having worked anywhere that had them. It was a nearly entirely enjoyable evening - a couple of people snogging people who weren't the people they were going out with and a few of those 'who can I find to talk to so I don't look like I have no friends?' moments. It was my first time in footwear other than steal-toe-capped safety boots since my leg came out of plaster, which was brilliant but now launches me back into the world of havig to make decisions about shoes. I danced a lot and re-discovered that I just can't dance with other people. It involves too much co-ordination and working out what the other person is goig to do and what they expect you to do. But I had a lot of fun dancing with people anyway. And I only fell over once.

Managed to resist the pressure to drink too much ("I have a driving lesson tomorrow") and go out in Staly Vega afterwards ("I have a drinving lesson tomorrow") and it was very nice to come home to my lovely husband and my nice warm bed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Damn! I spelt 'steel' wrong! I'm so embarrassed...

Anonymous said...

We don't have an official Christmas "do" anymore. Instead there is a Christmas lunch which I have successfully managed to avoid for the last four years. Without wanting to sound too humbugish, if I am at work then I want to work. Been at too many practice parties where people ended up with people they shouldn't have, best avoided in my opinion.