Monday, September 03, 2007

A growing problem...

So, I signed up a very nice tenant today. We were chatting and I asked her about her baby - how old he was, that sort of thing. And then she looked at me and asked, "Is that your first?"






I said, "No, it's just fat." She had the grace to look very embarrassed.

It's a family thing. Both my sisters put weight on on their bellies in a vaguely pregnancy-bump style as well. We don't know about my mum as she doesn't put weight on.

Fortunately I don't have issues about how I look as this isn't the first time this has happened by a long way. Possibly, if I did have issues, it wouldn't happen as I'd lose the bump.

However, I do know that I need to do some exercise and lose some weight to feel healthier. The problem is that I am very lazy and don't really like exercise. I'll do it for a few days and then I get bored. I quite often feel too tired to exercise (I know, if did more exercise and lost some weight I'd have more energy...) and there's always things I'd rather do. But I think, if I don't do it now, maybe I'll just get older and fatter...

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are interested, I happen to have a spare bike which I am getting round to free-cycling.
It needs a bit of work but I (or maybe Tom) could do it if bike maintenance scares you.
If you want it, Dave Lowry has my email addresses.

Sarah said...

Thanks, but I actually have a bike - I just don't use it.

I'm thinking about going swimming on a semi-regular basis. And I did some jumping up and down earlier, which is part of my physio for my ankle, which I should be doing anyway...

Anonymous said...

There are two alternatives:

1. Put on lots and lots of weight. This is really easy - it just involves sitting around eating chocolate ice cream for a month. Then nobody will make the same mistake again.

2. Get pregnant. Bit drastic that one though.

Sarah said...

I could go for both options - if I did option 1 first, I could hide option 2 for quite a long time!