Saturday, April 26, 2008

Things I can tell you...

It's been a while. I'm writing about The Homelessness Act 2002 - it's actually really interesting - and preparing for SPEAK's Network Gathering, which I'm organising the stewarding for. And visiting my nephew, who is amazing.

I can, however, tell you that there's nothing much wrong with my heart or brain. I have learnt the following:
  • I have episodes of sinus tachchardia.
  • My brain MRI was 'unremarkable'. Thanks.
  • I don't appear to have any inter-ictal epileptiform disturbance. I can only assume this is a good thing. In fact, I can only really assume that all of the above are good things.

I'll keep you posted.

I'd also like to recommend Patroclus's investigation of gender bias on the Guardian's letter pages, which I am currently loving...

5 comments:

Fat Roland said...

Woo, you have an answer! I think it basically means go easy on the caffiene / crack / accelerant of choice.

Just think of all those tree climbs we could have done after all...

Anonymous said...

Wikipedia to the rescue...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinus_tachycardia

I think roughly translated it means when you get stressed your heart beats faster.

So relax and do as little work as possible & you'll be fine.

patroclus said...

Thanks very much for the link, Sarah - I'm hoping to introduce some humour soon, to balance out the stats.

Glad to hear your heart and mind are both in good shape.

1 i z said...

Sounds like good news. Does this mean you can drive again?

Sarah said...

I've written to the DVLA to ask for my licence back. I spoke to my doctor and she said there are 3 categories - one for 4 weeks, one for 6 months and one for a year. She said she doesn't think I'd be in the year category, which I think is for people with recurrent fits. My guess is that the four-week one is for if you have a black-out and the six month one for something more like a fit (not a guess really, I think it's what the doctor said...) which would mean that hopefully I'd get my licence back in mid-June. I'm a combination of wildly excited and terrified. Is it like riding a bike?