Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to school

It's definitely autumn - I can tell from the weather and the way it's getting colder, and from just how dark it seems to be almost all the time.

And it's back-to-school time.  Uni starts again tomorrow.  I seem to remember that I liked going to uni last year.  I liked learning things, I liked drinking coffee, I found it interesting to find new ways of looking at my work.

But I also vaguely remember losing whole vast swathes of my life to essays, and to the time wasted not doing essays but not actually doing anything else, and not seeing my friends or my husband or my family.  I've enjoyed the freedom I've had over the summer to do those things and I don't want to lose it.

Still, we're doing law and finance, how hard can it be?*

*I also seem to remember saying that about a masters in International Political Economy and that turned out to be so hard I just cried all the time until I gave it up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're nuts.

Law and Finance? That's like Stabbing and Beheading. Only slightly less pleasant...

Sarah said...

Finance might be a bit tortuous but I'm enjoying law so far - it's just a question on knowing what the law says and working out how it might be applied, while trying to remember the slightly fiddly bits...