Thursday, April 09, 2009

New! New! News!

I have some exciting news!  I have a new job!  I'm going to be a project officer!  

It's an internal move and is a sideways move rather than a promotion, but I get to sit on the third floor rather than the first floor and have some new experiences.

I'll be liaising with tenants in relation to new-build projects, which should be interesting, and also looking at some our projects and seeing what we can do better.  I'm excited about learning some new skills and using some of my planning skills, rather than just being responsive to tenant enquiries.  It will be good to use some of the project management skills I've learnt in a new context.

I will be sad to leave my team, as we have a lot of fun, but I feel very excited - I feel like my career is moving on...

4 comments:

Merlin said...

Congratulations, and good luck

1 i z said...

Congratulations!

Myn said...

In what MC Escher style office do you work if a sideways move puts you two floors above where you were?

Sarah said...

Sideways in terms of promotion and salary, upwards in terms of geography. I'll get a better view of IKEA's building, what more can I want?