Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A picture of Spoonface


This is my baby at 21 weeks, which was pretty much 2 weeks ago. That's how up-to-date I am.

Apart from the baby refusing to show its face, a crucial part of the scanning process, and then the fire alarm going off while I was walking around to try to make it change position, the scan was pretty uneventful. The baby looks healthy and the sonographer thinks it's a girl. While she won't say for sure, she didn't say it was hard to tell. So I'm guessing when it comes out it will be female.

We're calling her Spoonface for now - Matt made it up and it seems to have stuck. We're hoping to come up with something better by the time she's born but I think we're not going to tell anyone. My sister can't quite believe we're not even going to tell her what we're thinking of calling the baby.

Spoonface is getting bigger and is very kicky. There's just something wrong about being kicked by a small baby from the inside. It's reassuring that she's ok, but it just doesn't feel like it should be happening.

I'm starting to feel very excited about having a baby, and counting down the weeks until I can start maternity leave (13 1/2) - I am enjoying my new job (not so new any more!) but looking forward to not having to get up and try to be coherent five days in a row!


2 comments:

Merlin said...

She's going to be less than please when she finds out her Greenbelt nickname! Spponface already logged down.

Sarah said...

Oops... You're going to have to do some good blogging at Greenbelt this year - I'm not coming as I'm just so tired all the time, but am gutted to be missing it - and not seeing you all. I am hoping to come back next year, if we can work out what to do with the baby - I'm trying not to worry too much about how everything will work out once she's here - but feel really sad not to be stewarding. I really couldn't do it this year - I get tired if I walk very far - but I'm looking forward to hearing lots of stories :)