Monday, September 19, 2005

Freshers' Flu

As always, I have Freshers' Flu. This year I picked it up from working with postgrads the week before term began. As always, I'm making more of a fuss than is necessary about feeling ill.

I am now a student! I've been getting a little nervous as the start of term approaches. I borrowed a few books on the 'preliminary reading' list from the library - I considered changing to studying maths, which is on the second floor of the library rather than the 4th floor as my books are. Had my introduction to the Government and International Politics centre today, met someone doing my course (though full time) who I got on with and got my hair cut - with a student discount. Not bad. I've got more induction stuff this week and also, I think, next week. Looking forward to getting started on some actual studying.

That is, once my brain is working again.

No comments: