Monday, November 14, 2005

Making the world

I've started reading for my essay and am really enjoying it. I'm considering the idea that political economy is a world made up of social relationships and that these can't be treated like natural science. It's based on shared understandings (intersubjective is used quite often) which are developed through the use of language.

It is fascinating, but slightly difficult to really get hold of in my head. As well as writing my essay on it, we'll be discussing it in the seminar tomorrow. I'll see how it goes, but hopefully it will help me with my thinking.

I've also been enjoying googlefight - sadly, 'Sarah' loses to 'Matt' - and being a zombie. It was Matt's birthday yesterday and Erin graduated (/cheer) so we went out on Saturday night for some drinks and then played Monkey Arena (disappointing) and Munchkin (would have been better if I won). All in all, a good weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwuahaha!!!

I have to win everthing, that's in our constitution. No really.

Sarah said...

SO, I thought, fair's fair, full names.

Looks like you're a LOSER.

"Sarah Stuart" 10,100.

"Matthew Timoth Stuart"? Zero...

Also, you're a LIAR. We don't have a constitution. Looks like you're a FALSEHOOD DWELLER.

Anonymous said...

I'm no liar, we discussed it whilst out walking!

Anonymous said...

Aww, bless! I'm glad you two can argue so openly. Chris and I haven't moved onto the online fight stage in our relationship yet, but we're getting pretty good at normal arguements. You could come down here and we could all argue together.

JoeyD said...

Say happy birthday to Matt for me!!
I like the way you used italics in your blog. It somehow makes the word written look even cleverer. Don't know how. Just does. I'm also glad that Erin graduated. Well done Erin.xxx

Sarah said...

We really don't have a constitution. Though maybe we should. A written one, that we can both sign. Then you couldn't just make up crap like this.

I'm not sure anyone who knows me would believe that I would agree to a constitution where you had to win everything. Making up an implausible lie like that was... I would say your first mistake, but that would imply that before that you hadn't made any mistakes... your fatal error...

Anonymous said...

Cheers for the congratz!