Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Getting worried

It's my seminar presentation on Tuesday and I'm starting to feel quite worried. I've been working really hard and found this really interesting theory about gender being socially constructed and hierarchical, which legitimises other hierarchies. Therefore, gender is a really useful analytical tool. However, I've only read stuff by one person which says this. I don't think it would be very impressive to do a seminar presentation where I, in effect, present someone else's theory. So now I'm panicking and trying to expand my seminar presentation somewhat. As I'm away this weekend, I have tonight (no Sanctus for me tonight, unfortunately) and tomorrow after work. Then I can work on Friday morning, read on the train there and back, and do some re-jigging Monday night. Not good though.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I have to say I'm not particularly fond of Bernese Mountain dogs. I'm not sure why anyone would think I might be.

I did go to Sanctus. We discussed our ecological footprints. www.myfootprint.org or some such thing. If everyone lived like me apparently we would need 1.9 worlds.

I'm going to have to work VERY HARD but I think my seminar presentation may be redeemable...

Anonymous said...

I can beat you, 2.9 worlds! Do I take up a whole extra world on my own then? or have we just chosen different answers for the same question, but meaning the same answer?

Sarah said...

I'm not sure that taking up an extra world makes you the winner. I think it makes you a BIG FAT LOSER.

Technically we should have a similar score. But you drive much much much more than I do. Also, I bet you eat more meat than I do. You might have a different idea of how big and efficient our house is or how our recycling compares to other people's. See, it's pretty subjective...

Sarah said...

Think I may have cracked it! Obviously now I have to do more reading to improve my bibliography, try to make some OHPs and handouts, and desperately hope I can stick within 15 minutes... But at least I have a good seminar presentation rather than a rubbish one...

Sarah said...

I deleted pawtips.com. Hehehe. That'll teach them to spam me!