Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bell x1

Are you as bored of reading about my essay as I am of writing it? Thought so...

On Monday I went to see a band called Bell x1. It was a brilliant gig and they played my two favourite songs - Eve, the apple of my eye and I'll see your heart and raise you mine. Eve... can be listened to on the website, as can Tongue, which I really like. At the moment, for me it's about reclaiming my life and trying to make it how I want it to be.

Usually when I listen to music, it's on CD. On the website you can watch the music video. I've never really watched music videos much and I fidn them slightly odd. Like with Eve, the apple of my eye, there's someone with half an apple for a head who eventually dances with someone else with half an apple for a head. What's that all about?

Then, watching music live... again, it's a kind of odd experience. Bell x1's first abulm, when I listen to it, seems quite gentle most of the time. But the lead singer does weird dancing on stage, which gives it much more of an edge.

I'm waffling. I'm going back to the essay... Just listen to the music - it's very good...

2 comments:

Senor Dunc said...

I love Bellx1. Damien Rice used to be in their band, and wrote a few of their songs, notably Tongue (which is awesome and very different to the rest of the album).

Sarah said...

It's one of my favourites.

They are touring again in March when they release their new album over here... Should be good.