Saturday, December 31, 2005

Resolutions

Yes, I know, New Year's Resolutions are dull and pointless and everyone gives up the diet after 3 days. However, after being asked what the fuck I'm doing with my life by a friend a couple of weeks ago, I have thought about it a bit. So here's how I see my life changing in the next year or so:
  1. Stop being a fat slug. Once upon a time I was young and it didn't matter if I didn't do much exercise. Now, however, I am starting to feel unhealthy. I'm going to try to cycle to work and eat more fruit and vegetables.
  2. Buy a house. I want to live near the Outdoors and see hills and trees and things. Also I want to buy a house so we have somewhere to live when we are pensionable.
  3. Become more content. I want to be happier with myself and my life and I want to do more things that I like doing.

Maybe it will happen...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Matt would slap you if he heard you call yourself a fat slug. So stop it!

As for diets, everyone has to shift the christmas eating, me included. Fortunately, Hannah's educated me quite well with the G.I. diet, which isn't really a diet but a choice of foods that burn off quickly. As for exercise, you should get yourself to an LRP event and spend all weekend sword fighting again!

Senor Dunc said...

4. stop swearing

Sarah said...

Slapping people is wrong. Slapping me is particularly wrong. He did say that it wasn't a particularly nice definition though.

And, while I may call myself a big fat slug, I'm less bothered about the way I look than most people. My logic follows as such: if I was really bothered about my podge (and being congratulated on my pregnancy occastionally) I would do something about it. I don't do anything about so, ergo, I'm not that bothered. It seems to work.

However, if I didn't have the podge I would probably be healthier and would also fit into my clothes better.

So I think it has to go...