Thursday, April 13, 2006

Living the dream...

SPEAK have made the world's biggest dress and are taking it on a mini-tour. As I've done lots of logistical-type stuff at Soundcheck, the annual gathering of the SPEAK network, they've asked me if I'd like to do that for this Big Dress mini tour. Well, I'd love to. But...
  1. It's in Cambridge. I live in Manchester.
  2. I have a part-time job.
  3. I'm doing an MA and have two essays to do.

It's been mooted as full time for a couple of months but I could possibly do it part time. I'm very tempted - I love the big dress and would love to take it on tour. I love organising events and I love SPEAK and... how much fun would it be?

I have to admit, I am tempted to (a) chuck in my job and do this for a couple of months and then get something else or (b) chuck in my MA and do this for a couple of months. I am quite bored of my job and the MA is difficult and has been severely hampered by a bit of a family crisis which has turned my brain into mush. So this is very appealing. And they'll even pay me, which would be revolutionary. I'm not sure Matt would say if I took off to Cambridge to live in a teepee for 8 weeks or so. But... it would be fun...

3 comments:

Fat Roland said...

Beware beware short term fun as a solution to temporary brain mash-ups.

Incidentally, I directed a lost taxi driver to your street the other day. I don't think he was coming for you, but it was nice to have a bit of local knowledge.

Now, if you lived in Cambridge, that taxi driver could still be chugging around aimlessly around Uruguay's Manchester quarter.

Think on...

JoeyD said...

Do it! Do it! But discuss it with your husband and your course leader and your employer. And God.

Anonymous said...

"and the MA is difficult and has been severely hampered by a bit of a family crisis which has turned my brain into mush"

sorry.