Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Really, how hard can it be?

Six weeks after I sent all the information, and a few days after the final mortgage offer was supposed to have been posted to us, the mortgage company ring up. We use an internet bank so the statements I posted in don't have our address on, so can't be used as proof of our address. Now, had they told me this six weeks ago and asked for alternative proof, I would have been happy. As they didn't, and I want my house NOW, I am pretty livid. They did apologise and accept it was their fault, so I haven't asked for anyone's liver to be posted to me in a box to appease my wrath. Yet.

2 comments:

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

Mortgage companies can be evil. Almost on a par with the producers of reality shows.

I know this from bitter experience.

That is about mortgage companies not reality TV producers...i don't have any personal experience of them.

Sarah said...

We now have a mortgage offer. Just waiting for their solicitor to reply to our solicitor's enquiries.

I want to move next Friday but I don't really think it's that likely any more...