Tuesday, January 08, 2008

: )

I can tell when I'm happy. I sing, badly, while rushing round the house randomly.

Today, finally, I feel happy again. I am looking at a catalogue of archived material from the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games, trying to decide which bits I really need to look at when I take a trip to the Central Library on Thursday morning. The bit I really need, the SRB bid, is restricted access, so they may not let me look at it.

I go to put some washing on and make a drink and find myself singing, very badly, to the bits I can remember of Earth Song. I am happy.

If only they didn't make me go to work, I could be this happy all the time.

I suppose it is possible work don't send me on this course just to make me happy.



p.s. I have an appointment with a neurodude at Tameside hospital on 2nd Feb. Hope wasn't even an option. Unless I'd like to sit on a waiting list for a very long time. No thanks, I'd rather be allowed to drive again.

6 comments:

1 i z said...

A very wise friend once said to me "1iz, if you enjoyed work, they wouldn't have to pay you to turn up".

I try to bear this in mind when I get worn down by the trdge of it all. Keep the eyes on the payslip prize ;-)

Of course this doesn't explain why some buggers appear to get paid AND enjoy their work, but I just write them off as freaks.

Glad you haven't got too long a wait for an appointment. Hopefully they can quickly pin down exactly what is going on and you can take things from there.

Anonymous said...

Getting to look at restricted things sounds really cool. You should pretend you're a secret agent or similar when you do it.

Sarah said...

I AM a secret agent.

And also a student of housing practice. You'd be amazed at the multi-tasking I can do...

Fat Roland said...

I thought "Hope wasn't even an option" was the saddest thing I ever read, until I realised you meant the hospital.

And Earth Song goes: "Ah-aaah-aah-aaah-ah-ah-aaaaaaah."

Sarah said...

Yeah, that's the bit I really like.

And all the random questions: "What about sunlight?" Well, what about about it? And "did you ever stop to notice, all the children of the world...?" Not really, no...

Anonymous said...

There is only one child of the world worth noticing (in a month anyway).

Paul and Emily may disagree...