Wednesday, May 06, 2009

New starts and summer's coming!

I finally have a start date for my new job.  I'm starting on Monday.  I was off work yesterday, working on uni stuff, and I'm in uni today.  This gives me two days to tie up all the loose ends and make my desk tidy.

I'm excited about starting my new job - I'm going to be responsible for moving tenants out of their accommodation into new accommodation.  I'm really looking forward to having a job where I plan what I'm going to do and then, for the most part, do it, rather than just dealing with whatever the day throws at me.  It's going to be challenging trying to keep people happy and facilitate the moves, but it's really good to do something new.

I'm also excited because I am hopeful that two weeks today I will have handed in all my university work and be free for the summer to do summery things, like go to the pub and actually go outside and see people.  It is the end of my hermitage.  Until next winter, when I'll crawl back into a dark cave and sleep for 6 months.

No comments: