Friday, June 16, 2006

Is it so much to ask that someone gives me a job?

I have been turned down for another job this week and it's getting a bit depressing - apart from anything else, there are other things I'd like to do on a Friday evening than write supporting statements for application forms.

I know that I am very talented and, if I was given a good job I could do it very well and be happy. After all, I'm a master of strategy, I have excellent communication skills, I'm enthusiastic and I'm funny. So why wouldn't anyone want me?

  1. If your office was full of spiders you might get a bit tired of me being scared of them.
  2. You might not be intereted in what I think about gender, how the economy would be better if everyone worked less and gardened more, or why people profiting from investing in property is unhelpful.
  3. You might like having a big car and driving it around a lot.
  4. You might not want to find me talking every time you come in the office (but honestly, it's a coincidence...)
  5. You might just be really stupid.

Ok, I'm done. Back to the applications.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I just wanted to say that re:

"how the economy would be better if everyone worked less and gardened more"

I like this a lot. Not only would the economy be better but we'd be happier and healthier too. Forget about getting a job and please become Prime Minister instead!