Thursday, June 29, 2006

I love you. I really do. I love you allllllll...

Sometimes my life feels a bit rubbish. But I've just been to Sanctus and I feel happy. There's something about sitting outside a pub cheering a man on a hydraulic platform (what were you doing, man? Cleaning windows? Stealing? Street theatre? We don't know) with friends which just makes life better. You people... you make me laugh, you make me feel special, you laugh at my jokes and you let me tell pointless and meandering stories badly.

Honestly, I'm gushing. I'm not saying anything I want to say and I'm not even saying things I don't want to say with any kind of finesse or style. But I just feel pleased to have friends I like and who seem to like me too. I want to run up to them and throw my arms around them and thank them for being my friends, for being amazing, for... I don't know what. However, I think that might frighten them.

So I think it's better that I just go to bed now. Goodnight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to be friends with you too.

Isn't it good to know other people who understand that men on hydraulic platforms are funny?

Ruth said...

Wish I'd been there! What a lovely post - all warm and... laughing with friends is definitely the best thing in the whole wide world.

Anonymous said...

Men on hydraulic platforms can be funny, though it depends what they are doing!

Fat Roland said...

Aaw, shucks.

In the words of the George Formby song:
"Pyjamas lyin' side by side,
"Ladies nighties I have spied,
"I've often seen what goes inside,
"When I'm cleanin' windows."

Um...

Anonymous said...

So did we ever work out what he was doing?

My vote is an evil conspiracy to take over the world using hydraulic platforms.

Anonymous said...

I think he was a cat burglar, no really. Who would expect it?

I mean he wasn't a very good one, as he didn't climb the building in a catsuit, or get chased by dogs, but he was trying.

Or maybe, and I'm just shooting in the dark here. He was a real life Wile-e-cyote and was making an elaborate trap for the road runner. Check this. Road runner runs along a road (and we know he was on a road) stopps to eat some Acme Bird Seed, (cunningly placed at the bottom of the crane). Wile-E dives headfirst off the crane with a MAHOOSIVE doom mallet to finally get him.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»