Thursday, November 02, 2006

Meatloaf and happiness

I have just added a few more albums to my mp3 player and now it is full! I bought two cds last week - Crazy Itch Radio by Basement Jaxx, because I really like 'take me back to your house' and I knew that if I didn't really like the rest of it Matt would - and The Best of Meatloaf. I don't have a senes of shame, exactly, about buying a Meatload CD but I am aware that it's not necessarily quality music. It's quite sentimental and his gender politics aren't always spot on but it takes me back to being 14. My best friend's mum was a hippy and we used to listen to Meatloaf and the Eagles and I was occasionally happy.

Unlike now, when I radiate unspeakable amounts of happiness to the point where people can't bear to ask me how I am. Well, nearly. But I think that I'm only ever really into one thing at a time and currently it's my job. I do like coming home and seeing Matt but I spend a lot of the evening thinking about my tenants and how to make them happier. I don't want to turn into someone who has no life outside work. But there's so much to get my teeth into and I think I can have a real positive impact on my tenants' lives - I just find it really exciting.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Wahooooo - Meatloaf!!

There's Meatloaf gig on at the Wembley Arena in May and I'm getting a group from church to come along with me (as I don't want to go alone). They're performing from Bat Out Of Hell I, II and III. I've already got one person who's up for it - and I'll be putting it in the pew sheet next week...!

Meatloaf = happiness!

Sarah said...

I'm glad it's not just me...

Sarah said...

And I've just realised what's missing - I need some Bryan Adams...