Thursday, July 06, 2006

More good things!

  1. I have a job interview! It's for New Charter Housing Trust, to be a Neighbourhood Management Assistant. I'm very excited - apart from the fact that I would really like a job, the company looks really good and the job involves helping people - solving problems, dealing with complaints, finding ways to make people happy, which I find very satisfying.
  2. As an added bonus, the job is in Ashton-under-Lyne, where we are hopefully moving to at the end of the month. This will be very convenient (walking to work? What a novel idea!) if I get the job. As long as everything works out, we're going to rent a friend's house. The house is beautiful and as Ashton is on the edge of Greater Manchester, it's near fields and trees, which will fill my heart with joy.
  3. I saw my uni friends at the weekend and had an amazing time. It was great to catch up and to spend some time with Gillian's baby, Joel. He's 14 months old and is a really lovely, gorgeous baby. He's just so cute! I had so much fun with my friends.

There are some bad things too: someone has stolen my mp3 player from my bag, so I can't listen to my music on the bus, and apparently I don't get to graduate for having a postgraduate certificate. Now, I think I've worked hard enough over the past year to deserve to get clapped by lots of people while wearing flappy black robes (and Matt couldn't get off work to ocme to my undergrad graduation, so I'd like him to come to this one) so I'm going to try to be allowed. However, some friends have said that if I can't, they'll come to Student Services when I go to collect my certificate and will clap. And then we can all go to the pub to celebrate. Perhaps I'll even throw a hat in the air.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job!

I used to work in Ashton.. it's a nice place but commuting was a bit of a pain.

As far as the graduation goes - just say the word and there'll be a crowd of cheering people waiting for you..

Fat Roland said...

I also used to work in Ashton - ditto Tony's comments about the place.

Just say the word and I'll get me flappy black robes on. I have sequins.

Anonymous said...

heres something to celebrate - my birthday!
I know its a bit later than my actual birthday, but i figured i may as well wait til hannah and andy are back. so it will probably be monday or tuesday next week, cos thay are the only days i have off, apart from the friday when a roxy music gig is playing, which i really wanna go to, so will you and matt be able to come? I havbnet actually told mum about it being on mon or tues yet, but you know, spontaneity and all that. eithermon or tues or the week after that, except i wouldntknow what day cos the rotas dont go up til a few days before. anyway, erm, give me or mum or someone a ring tomo or the day after, itd be cool if you two could come. sorry, maybe i should have emailed this, but i'm pretty sure you'd check your blog over your email.
good look with your job interview anyway.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I will even lend you a hat. It has bells on.

Ruth said...

Good luck with the job interview - I hope you get it. It sounds great.

I'm going back a post now: where you say:

"Sometimes my life feels a bit rubbish"
So does mine. Do you think it's the same for everyone? I know this is almost a quote from a well known theme tune, but it's true: I really _do_ feel as if I'm always in second gear.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»