Wednesday, July 19, 2006

All in the timing

I went to play football last night, which I was very excited about. Unfortunately, while demonstrating my dribbling skills, I fell over the ball and hurt my ankle. After I went a bit pale and thought I was going to faint/be sick, an ambulance was called (no, not Matt, sadly, thought someone phoned him and he did come too). Three hours in casualty and a couple of x-rays later, it turned out that my career as a professional footballer would have to be put on hold - my ankle was broken. I emerged with cast and crutches and a couple of Matt's workmates gave me a lift to the car in their ambulance - yes, special treatment!

The good thing is that it doesn't hurt too much. The bad thing is that I have my interview on Friday, we're moving house in 3 weeks and I'm supposed to be going to Greenbelt to steward in about 5 weeks. This may not be possible. It's back to the hospital for a fracture clinic on Wednesday, where they'll take off the backslab and either put a fibreglass plaster on or stick it in a big bandage. Either way, I think I'll be immobile for a while..

15 comments:

LauraHD said...

Poor thing!

Hope you're resting up and not in too much pain. Shout if you need anything done.

Lx

Myn said...

Please come back to Sanctus soon. We all want to draw on the plaster.

Sarah said...

You can't. Sadly. Matt was very disappointed. It just looks like a big solid bandage. If I get a fibrelass one you can draw on it with a permanent marker, I think. Though you'll all have to bear in mind that I will wear it to work!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,just came across your post my name is David from NY and I broke my foot as well and stuck in a cast,it really sucks!!!How are you feeling?ep2121@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Can't write on it? Hmm...

Spraypaint!

You could have a gold foot.

Sarah said...

Yes, yes I could... I'll... thik about that one...

Rob (the ergonomist). said...

Crutches will make for a good stewarding aid at Greenbelt. Who would dare disobey your instructions?

Fat Roland said...

B

Fat Roland said...

U

Fat Roland said...

G

Fat Roland said...

E

Fat Roland said...

R

Ruth said...

Ahh, that's better. It's nice to come to this blog for a good laugh. No, hang on a minute. I'm really sorry about your ankle - it's easy for those of us not currently in plaster to forget how dratted inconvenient (and painful and hot) it is. It's just that Fat Roland's comment(s) made me smile - and blogging, of late, has left me rather down in the mouth (I've been debating homosexuality and the bible with fundamentalists) and I am heavy-hearted now.

Best wishes

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Well you know it's all a skive to get out of doing any of the million things that need doing before we move.

Poor Dave from NY as well, he broke his foot too. best not enter as a team in the 3 legged race any time soon. ho ho.

Liking the spraypaint idea, though I could get carried away and poor Sarah may get mistaken for a Killer Robot

Sarah said...

Ruth, I'm glad you're amused and I'm sorry you're having a rubbish time on your blog at the moment. While my ankle hurts and being in plaster is irritating, there's also a lot to laugh at...