Thursday, July 27, 2006

Updating

A bit of an update:

1. I got the job! And not only that - I got the permanent job rather than one of the three temporary ones. So obviously they liked me! I'm very excited. I'm hoping to start after the Bank Holiday.

2. I went and had the backslab plaster taken off and my ankle re-x-rayed. Still broken. It's now in a full plaster which you can write on if you like and are in Manchester. No weight-bearing for four weeks, after which I go back and am x-rayed again and hopefully released from plaster.

3. This means no Greenbelt. My mum pointed out that it's likely to get kicked or trodden on. I wouldn't like this. Better safe than sorry, eh?

4. Today is my wedding anniversary. Matt and I have been married for 4 years. We're having slightly subdued celebrations due to my immobility...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! for the job!!!!!!!! and sad to hear/read about the full cast, but now i can get all my jokes ready to write all over the plaster!!! bru ha ha!!!!
Years ago i had to have a full plaster jacket for my back and people always wrote insults on the back, where i'd have to read it in a mirror...so at least you won't have that problem!!!

Fat Roland said...

Congratulations on everything apart from the not going to Greenbelt.

Yay! And woo! And othersuchlike.

Anonymous said...

Congratuations!

Time for a party!

1 i z said...

Yay! re the job, Boo! re Greenbelt.

You'll be much missed :-(

Ruth said...

Congratulations twice over (job and anniversary)!